Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New House Update

My kids all returned home on December 18! 

We drove from Austin, Texas to San Diego, California on December 20 and back on December 28/29.   One dog was kenneled and the other - Big Dog - came along.  While in California we visited with my parents and sister's family in San Diego, cousins in Burbank and also spent a whole day at Disneyland.  It was my husband's first visit ever! 

On December 30, after returning to Texas, we closed on our new house!

With the help of two of my soldier sons we moved half our household stuff (really neat stuff) into our new home and have been living there since.  Tomorrow professionals will come and move the rest of our really neat stuff.  After that, we need to clean the rental then will be done with the place.  Whew!

It's been a really busy week and a half.  Two of my boys returned to school on Sunday and my youngest leaves this morning on his 19th birthday.  Happy Birthday D!  He and I drove from Austin to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area yesterday for his flight back to school and to see my daughter's new apartment. 

I'm exhausted!  I haven't gotten a decent nights sleep for almost three weeks.  I hope to get back into regular blogging again once we get more settled into the new house.  As soon as possible, I'll get some pix up of the new place.  Wait'll you see the kitchen!  It was a big selling point for us building this house.

Until then, Happy New Year!

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have had a busy month. Glad I found your blog.Look forward to reading more posts. Congratulations on your home.

    ReplyDelete